The Consortium for Verification Technology and the Detection for Nuclear Nonproliferation Group is hosting the Sixth MCNPX-PoliMi Training Workshop at the University of Michigan campus Johnson Rooms on June 24th and 25th, 2015.
Seating is Limited. Registration will be accepted on first-come-first serve basis. Lunch wil be provided on both days and dinner with all participants on day-1 at The Earle in Ann Arbor.
Register here: https://www.regonline.com/mcnpxpolimiworkshop
Wed, June 24th & Thurs, June 25th, 2015.
University of Michigan
Lurie Robert H Engineering Center, Johnson Rooms
1221 Beal Ave.
Ann Arbor, MI 48109
Above: Lurie Engineering Center, University of Michigan
The MCNPX-PoliMi code is a modified version of MCNPX v. 2.7.0 that provides unique capabilities for simulating correlated-particle measurements and detector response. This workshop will introduce new users to the capabilities of the MCNPX-PoliMi code and acquaint experienced users with new features.
- MCNPX-PoliMi introduction
- MCNPX-PoliMi source capabilities, including new models of fission
- Spontaneous and neutron/gamma induced fission
- Alpha-n sources • Combined sources such as MOX fuel
- Detector-response simulations with the MPPost code
- Organic scintillator (e.g. liquids and plastic)
- Capture detectors (e.g. He-3)
- Inorganic scintillators (e.g. NaI)
- Special detectors (capture-gated)
- Simulations of time-of-flight experiments
- Simulations of multiplicity experiments
Laptops are not required, however participants are encouraged to bring their own laptop to run examples shown by the instructors. Computer equipment is not provided.
Questions: You may email your questions to Shaun D. Clarke at email@example.com.
If you do not have an MCNPX license, please visit the following website for details.
VISITING ANN ARBOR, MI
Experience Ann Arbor during the beautiful summer months as you wander one of America’s Best Main Streets! Explore the cross-country trails or explore great museums including three on the campus of the University of Michigan. Don’t miss our world-class dining and theatre when you visit!
Start planning your Ann Arbor experience by visiting http://www.visitannarbor.org/