The Consortium for Verification Technology (CVT) and the Consortia for Nonproliferation Enabling Capabilities (CNEC) are hosting the Seventh MCNPX-PoliMi Training Workshop at the University of Michigan campus on May 23 – 25, 2017.
Seating is Limited. Registration will be accepted on first-come-first serve basis. Lunch will be provided on all days.
REGISTER ONLINE: https://www.regonline.com/mcnpxpolimiworkshop2017
DATES: Tuesday, May 23rd through Thursday, May 25th, 2017.
University of Michigan
Phoenix Memorial Lab
2301 Bonisteel Blvd.
Ann Arbor, MI 48109
This three-day workshop will instruct users in the MCNP and MCNPX-PoliMi codes. Day 1 will focus on the basics of MCNP simulations; days 2 and 3 will focus on applications of MCNPX-PoliMi. Full Workshop registration fees are $400 for regular attendees or $150 for student attendees; reduced rates are available for single- or two-day registrants.
- What is Monte Carlo radiation transport and MCNP?
- Geometry: surface and cell specifications.
- Material and basic source definitions.
- Running MCNP and tips and tricks.
Days 2 and 3:
- MCNPX-PoliMi introduction
- MCNPX-PoliMi source capabilities, including new models of fission
- Spontaneous and neutron/gamma induced fission
- Alpha-n sources
- Combined sources such as MOX fuel
- Detector-response simulations with the MPPost code
- Organic scintillator (e.g. liquids and plastic)
- Capture detectors (e.g. He-3)
- Inorganic scintillators (e.g. NaI)
- Special detectors (capture-gated)
- Simulations of time-of-flight experiments
- Simulations of multiplicity experiments
Laptops are not required, however, participants are encouraged to bring their own laptop to run examples shown by the instructors. Computer equipment is not provided.
Questions: You may email your questions to Shaun D. Clarke at email@example.com.
If you do not have an MCNPX license, please visit the following website for details.
VISITING ANN ARBOR, MI
Experience Ann Arbor during the beautiful summer months as you wander one of America’s Best Main Streets! Explore the cross-country trails or explore great museums including three on the campus of the University of Michigan. Don’t miss our world-class dining and theatre when you visit!
Start planning your Ann Arbor experience by visiting http://www.visitannarbor.org/