The Consortium for Verification Technology (CVT) is hosting the First Training Workshop on Real-time Digital Radiation Measurements in FPGA at the University of Michigan campus on June 8th – 10th, 2018.
REGISTRATION: register at this link (ACCESS CODE: FPGA2018)
DATES: Friday, June 8th through Sunday, June 10th, 2018
LOCATION: University of Michigan
Nuclear Engineering and Radiological Sciences Department
Baer Room, 2355 Bonisteel Blvd., Ann Arbor, MI 48109
INSTRUCTORS: Abi Farsoni (OSU), Eric Becker (PNNL) and Angela Di Fulvio (UM)
Workshop at a glance:
- 3-day hands-on experience with real-time digital pulse processing in FPGA devices
- Application of digital filters in radiation measurements and spectroscopy
- Hardware Description Language (VHDL)
- Simulation, synthesis and implementation of FPGA designs
- Digital pulse shaping in FPGA
- Pulse-shape discrimination in FPGA
- Multi-Channel Analyzer (MCA) in FPGA
- FPGA design tests using NaI(Tl) detectors, high-speed FPGA-based DPP, and MATLAB
Laptops are not required, however participants are encouraged to bring their own laptop to run examples shown by the instructors.
Full Workshop registration fees are $400 for regular attendees or $150 for student attendees
Seating is Limited. Registration will be accepted on first-come-first serve basis. Breakfast, lunch will be provided on all days. The registration also includes one dinner, on the first day.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com.
VISITING ANN ARBOR, MI
Experience Ann Arbor during the beautiful summer months as you wander one of America’s Best Main Streets! Explore the cross-country trails or explore great museums including three on the campus of the University of Michigan. Don’t miss our world-class dining and theatre when you visit!
Start planning your Ann Arbor experience by visiting http://www.visitannarbor.org/