The Consortium for Verification Technology (CVT) is hosting the First Training Workshop on Real-time Digital Radiation Measurements in FPGA at the University of Michigan campus on June 8th – 10th, 2018.
REGISTRATION: register at this link (ACCESS CODE: FPGA2018)
DATES: Friday, June 8th through Sunday, June 10th, 2018
LOCATION: University of Michigan
Nuclear Engineering and Radiological Sciences Department
Baer Room, 2355 Bonisteel Blvd., Ann Arbor, MI 48109
INSTRUCTORS: Abi Farsoni (OSU), Eric Becker (PNNL) and Angela Di Fulvio (UM)
Workshop at a glance:
- 3-day hands-on experience with real-time digital pulse processing in FPGA devices
- Application of digital filters in radiation measurements and spectroscopy
- Hardware Description Language (VHDL)
- Simulation, synthesis and implementation of FPGA designs
- Digital pulse shaping in FPGA
- Pulse-shape discrimination in FPGA
- Multi-Channel Analyzer (MCA) in FPGA
- FPGA design tests using NaI(Tl) detectors, high-speed FPGA-based DPP, and MATLAB
Laptops are not required, however participants are encouraged to bring their own laptop to run examples shown by the instructors.
Download the workshop flyer and the detailed schedule
Full Workshop registration fees are $400 for regular attendees or $150 for student attendees
Seating is Limited. Registration will be accepted on first-come-first serve basis. Breakfast, lunch will be provided on all days. The registration also includes one dinner, on the first day.
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
VISITING ANN ARBOR, MI
Experience Ann Arbor during the beautiful summer months as you wander one of America’s Best Main Streets! Explore the cross-country trails or explore great museums including three on the campus of the University of Michigan. Don’t miss our world-class dining and theatre when you visit!
Start planning your Ann Arbor experience by visiting http://www.visitannarbor.org/